How Safe Are Mobile Deposits Of Checks?
Mobile deposit or remote deposit is a relatively recent method of cashing your business and personal checks. Through our mobile app – Touch Banking [click here for Apple devices | click here for Android devices] – you can deposit your checks simply by opening the app, choosing which account it will go into, endorsing the check and taking a photo.
While it might seem scary to make a mobile deposit of your check through your phone, the process isn’t too far from depositing it through an ATM – as long as the hardware and software on your phone aren’t compromised, there shouldn’t be any problems.
If you don’t already have an account with us, contact us today to get set up and start using mobile deposit!
Security Issues With Mobile Deposit
Safe Sentry Bank Mobile Deposit Instructions
Remember, only deposit one check at a time, up to a maximum of $2,500/day. Deposit time for same-day deposit is 3 p.m. CST; otherwise your deposit will be made on the following business day. The cost is 50¢/deposit.
- Log into Sentry Bank’s Touch Banking app. Select the “deposit” icon.
- Choose the bank account you want the check to deposit into. Enter the amount of the check.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check with your phone. The back must be endorsed by you and have “For Mobile Deposit” written below your endorsement. Make sure the image is clear and contains all four corners of your check. If not, select “Retake.”
- Confirm your deposit information is correct.
- View the results screen.
- View your deposit history as confirmation.